- Relaxation of Muscle Spasms
- Prevention of retardation of disuse atrophy
- Increasing local blood circulation
- Muscle re-education
- Immediate post surgical stimulation of calf muscles to prevent venous thrombosis
- Maintaining or increasing range of motion
Unless specifically exempted by a physician, this unit is not recommended in the following instances: Pregnancy, Denervated muscle, Severe Osteoporosis, Abnormal bone formation in treatment areas, Severe muscle spasticity, Autonomic Dysreflexia, History of joint disarticulation of treatment limb, Infection in the area of treatment, Heart disease, High fever, High blood pressure, High heart rate. This unit should not be used in cancer patients. Do not use with an implanted pacemaker (demand type).
Never apply transthoracically (front to back at chest level). Never apply electrodes over the brain or carotid artery.